For Immediate Release
April 16, 2018
(Halifax, NS) Shortlisted Books for 2018 APMA Best Atlantic Published Book Award
The Atlantic Publishers Marketing Association is pleased to announce a shortlist of five books for the 2018 Best Atlantic Published Book Award. A cash prize of $3,000 will be awarded to the publisher and a cash prize of $1,000 to the author, to be shared with co-author(s) and/or illustrator(s).
The APMA Best Atlantic Published Book Award is awarded to an Atlantic Canada publisher whose book best exemplifies excellence and achievement in publishing.
The 2018 APMA Best Atlantic Published Book Award Shortlist:
- Gerald Squires: An Artbook – with writings from Stan Dragland & Michael Crummey (Pedlar Press)
- Policing Black Lives – Robyn Maynard (Fernwood Publishing)
- Powered by Love – Joanna Henry (Goose Lane Editions)
- SakKijâjuk: Art and Craft from Nunatsiavut – Heather Igloliorte (Goose Lane Editions)
- Towards an Encyclopedia of Local Knowledge – Pam Hall (Breakwater Books and ISER Books)
The Award will be presented as part of the Atlantic Books Awards. This year’s event will be held in Paul O’Regan Hall, Halifax Central Library, on Thursday, May 10 at 7:00 p.m.
– 30 –
For more information:
Peggy Walt (Atlantic Book Awards) – email@example.com – (902) 422-5403 Cell: (902) 476-1096
Katie Ingram (APMA) – firstname.lastname@example.org – 902 420-0711